Recruiting adult women with diarrhea predominant irritable bowel syndrome for research study
We are looking for adult women with a specific type of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) to join a research study assessing a potential new medication for IBS.
The RESTORE 5 Study will last for up to 8 weeks and involve about 5 clinic visits.
You may be able to take part in the RESTORE 5 Study if you:
To participate in this trial, you must NOT:
- are a woman 18 - 65 years of age
- have had symptoms of IBS (including abdominal pain/discomfort and diarrhea) for at least 6 months
- have loose or watery stools > 25% of the time and hard or lumpy stools < 25% of the time.
Qualified participants will receive study-related care including comprehensive physical exam and investigational study drug at no cost. Monetary compensation for study visits will be provided.
- Have been diagnosed with:
a. Crohn's disease
b. Ulcerative colitis
c. Diabetes mellitus
d. Lactose malabsorption
e. Malabsorption syndromes
f. Celiac sprue
- Be pregnant or planning to become pregnant
If you would like to hear more about the study, please contact the UNC research team:
Angela Kibiy, RN, MPH